Thursday, October 1, 2009

School Cake Decorating Contest

The school that we enrolled Nathan in as a satellite student is having a Carnival fundraiser on Saturday. As part of that Carnival, they are doing a Cake Decorating Contest, and then those cakes will be used for a "Cake Walk" during the carnival! Well... we are so excited and enjoying homeschooling, yet being part of a school... we thought we'd do a cake for the contest!!

Well... I'm not a cake decorator.. never have I even tried.... so we opted for creative and unique!!!

So here it is:

Our "Caramel Apple" Cake


We found the idea on the "Family Fun" Website, and it was pretty easy considering you are dealing with a round cake and lots of gooey caramel! LOL! It turned out easier and better than I expected given the experience level combined between me and my 10 year old son!! :)

So we are excited to take our cake to the school and see the others that are submitted too!


Winner or not, we had alot of fun! :)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, check you out, skinny chick! Lookin' hot. Love you, girl. Neat cake idea too... Reminds me of our annual rum balls... hee hee

Amy St. Pierre said...

And look at you!!! You look incredible!!!

Brooke Morgan said...

Awww... Thank you April and Amy! :)

Anonymous said...

That looks soooooooo coooooool. I would like to try that.

Sandi Chavez