
10 days ago a dear lady at church brought some "starters" for Amish Friendship Bread. Funny thing is, I had just been thinking about this bread and noticing that I don't get a chance to take part in these kinds of things anymore, since I don't work a regular J-O-B. So imagine my excitement when I saw her with these starters!! :-)
So it's finally day 10 and Nathan and I excitedly got the recipe out to create more starters and bake bread.. We followed the traditional vanilla/cinnamon recipe and the batter tasted yummy when we licked the bowl.. So as it bakes we have high hopes!
But in the meantime, I had to reflect on the concept of friendship bread.. Why is it called that?? Other than the fact that you need lots of friends to pass it out to.. Or the starters will die...
My thoughts expand... Wa-la!
You have to cultivate it every day!!
Friendship is a gift... and I never want to take my friends for granted! Love you guys!
Oh and PS... I have some starters if anyone wants some!! :-) (couldn't resist)
-- Post From My iPhone





No comments:
Post a Comment